Questions 3: Magic in the Air
Presented by Charles Yallowitz
As per his website:
Welcome to the first official installment of this new thingy. The rules are that there are no rules. Sort of. I think of a topic on the fly and make a post that has 3 questions. You can answer in the comments or answer on your own blog. If you do the latter then please pingback to this post. Hopefully we can get some fun conversations going here. Here we go:
- If ‘Fantasy Style’ magic appeared in our world, do you think it would be a good or bad thing?
- What would you do with your new magical powers or would you even want them?
- How much of a change would the introduction of magic be to our world?
1) I have to bring the gloomy thoughts: History has shown that there is no good without bad. This means that with every person bearing the peace of humanity as a motive, there are others who just want to see/make it fall apart. So, too, with magical endeavors. One can make every attempt to eradicate bad people and things, but there is always that one who doesn’t see things the way you do.
2) I would have to keep any abilities secret. I would do little things to remain innocuous, while trying to influence others into the “Treat others as you want to be treated” mentality, even if just a bit so they don’t really notice.
3) As stated in earlier comments, the change would be enormous. There would be the same battles, but on a grander scale. Humans, being the destructive beings they are, could not survive without adversity, conflict or hate. One can deny all they want, but this is a universal truth as I see it.